I've yet to reach the point in my career where I'm attached to a single framework. I've used Angular 2+ heavily for the last year at work, have recently rewritten and Angular 1 app in React, and have chosen to use Vue for my personal projects for now. These are some of my thoughts on what I found to be some good and bad parts of React.
- An extremely healthy ecosystem exists around React. This is honestly the biggest win that I love as a developer. Sharable components, alternative libs, build toolkits, and even React alternatives are
- Testing is amazingly easy, Enzyme's shallow render is awesome!
- small components
- Plays nicely with existing js libs, as well as modules
- Tooling is great, be able interact with your components, data stores is so nice
- decision fatigue
- Requires understanding of some FP concepts
- HOCs get out of control